6 Best Benefits of Spirulina:
Among the health and wellness food community, green is in! Whether it's green smoothies, green juices or green salads the topic of green seems to be growing in popularity.
Why green? What makes green so special? Well, green plants are loaded with nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, and it’s the chlorophyll in green vegetables that makes them green. Spirulina is a green algae plant that became so popular recently because of its many healthy properties and benefits. Here’s an overview of the top benefits from this popular green plant.
- Helps Fight Infection and Illnesses - According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, “A number of animal and test tube studies suggest that Spirulina increases production of antibodies, infection-fighting proteins, and other cells that improve immunity and help ward off infection and chronic illnesses such as cancer.”
- Weight Management - Rich in Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) which helps burn fat and curb appetite.
- Liver Heath – Spirulina is rich in chlorophyll, which helps cleanse the liver. Studies show it may help protect against liver damage and cirrhosis (liver failure).
- Post Workout Protein – Spirulina is a 70% complete protein that is 4 times more absorbable than beef protein.
- Helps Cure Sinus Issues – Studies have shown the use of Spirulina reduces the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
- Hangover Cure – This is our favorite. Spirulina helps replenish B vitamins that are depleted after a night of drinking.
Try our Kapok Naturals Spirulina. Use Promo Code WELCOME10 for a discount at check out.
Cameron Alksnis, is a plant-based Ironman triathlete and holds a certification in Plant-Based nutrition form the Center for Nutrition Studies.