Looking for a healthy plant-based and gluten-free treat. Look no further than this Cacao Powder brownie recipe enhanced with Quinoa Flour.
This detoxifying recipe is loaded with antioxidants and will actually help support your overall health. These brownies are heart healthy and delicious. The Quinoa Flour adds plenty of vitamins and minerals...plus it's a complete protein containing all the essential amino acids.
These healthy brownies will be a go-to for your weekend plant-based baking. Your status as a vegan cook will reach a new level if you master this delicious dessert.
- 3/4 cup Kapok Naturals quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup Kapok Naturals raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp pure maple or agave syrup
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1/3 cup organic applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 8x8 baking pan with a parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk, applesauce, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until combined.
- Add in quinoa flour, raw cacao powder, baking soda and himalayan salt.
- Pour the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until slightly fluffy and the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- QUINOA POP PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- TOP 6 HEALTH BENEFITS IF CACAO
- 7 THINGS YOU HAVE TO KNOW ABOUT MACA
Recipe and photos done by Natalia Wrobel. Natalia is a plant-based chef and is very passionate about creating delicious plant-based foods using superfoods. Follow her blog at https://nattwrobel.com and her instagram @natteats.